Hellllp

There seems to be missing files, /lib/crt0.o - however, there is a
/usr/lib/crt1.o file, which glibc-devel provides. There also seems to be
a missing libc.a file in /lib. My issue is that I cannot compile even the
simplest hello world type program, and I get the following output. I've tried
to figure this one out, no luck so far.

I've gotten all the components for gcc and g++ installed, but I don't think
it's a problem with the compiler RPMs. I do think there's a problem, maybe
with the glibc and/or glibc-devel RPMs. I'm on a new stock install of 9.0.

I seem to remember a way to create a *.a library archive file out of a shared
object file, which would mean not having to download a potentially large file,
if it turns out that file is necessary.

Compiling worked in 8.1 - although I would still get these wierd unresolved
symbols from time to time while compiling portions of KDE. Actually, that
part hasn't worked since maybe perhaps 7.2, if at all. It's, sadly, been a
rather long time since I was 100% successful compiling KDE (sniff).

This is what happens during linking:

/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Any help? In particular, where are these defined - what library could I
possibly be missing?