there are also usb-ohci and plain uhci usb modules, perhaps you need to look
in etc/modules.conf and/or /etc/modules and replace any reference to usb-uhci
with one of those,
to test do (as root):
# modprobe uhci
or
#modprobe usb-ohci
see what you get

bascule

--
Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops,
because it isn't needed any more.