On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 06:03, Mark wrote:
> As I am thinking of buying one and don't want to waste my money on one
> that won't work in linux. Does anyone know which portable MP3 & MD
> players work in mandrake?
>
> There seems to be a lack of information about which ones work.  As far
> as I can find not many r compatible.
>
> I was thinking of maybe a Sony MD player (MZN707S) or Iriver MP3 (IFP-180).
>
> As far as I can find out none of the recent models work as they need
> specific drivers built into the kernel for the device which are not
> available yet.  In other words they aren't simply plug & play usb devices.

InnoGear has a new one out, 128MB with LCD, Duex mp302, in the size of a
key chain, plugs into the system and look like a USB HD (pop off the end
cap and there is a full size USB connector, no cable needed).  From the
spec I read, if this is the case, this should work with Mdk and Linux
fine.

http://www.innogear.com/duex.html

--
...Rob

-- "I may be quite wrong." -- Socrates

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513             GNU/Linux i686 2.4.19-16mdk

  8:28am  up  1:20,  3 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.25, 1.16