Hi,

after having upgraded to the latest initscript package I suddenly
couldn't connect with my wireless card (Linksys) which has worked fine
since I installed Mandrake 9.0.  I went into Mandrake Control Center and
reconfigured it, and the connection was up again. However. when I
clicked "Apply" in Mandrake Control Center the connection went down
again, and wouldn't come up no matter what I did. In the system log it
said "No Link". Finally I got the old initscript package off the CD and
copied all the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/* from the package, and my
connection came back up and have worked fine again.

Does anyone know what may be wrong with the new scripts, because if it's
something "easily editable" I would rather have the updated scripts
installd than a mix of two versions of initscripts.

My other problem: During high network loads (downloads over DSL etc.)
the wireless connection often goes down and I have to restart the
network service or pull the card and re-insert it to get back on-line. I
have tried with two different drivers: orinoco_cd and wvlan_cs which
both work with my card. Same problem. This makes me suspect pcmcia_cs or
even the kernel itself, but I have not been able to find a solution. One
clue is that when the connection goes down ksoftirqd hogs 95% CPU until
the card is pulled or the network services are restarted. This does not
happen when I connect using a cable, or if I boot into Win2K and connect
using the same card.  It happens with several different base stations as
well. If someone knows anything about this please point me in the right
direction.

TIA for help.

I am running Mandrake 9.0 with stock 2.4.19 kernel (LT winmodem drivers
added).

TIA for help.

--
//Christian