On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:29:43 -0500 Mark Weaver
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> has anyone else noticed the network connectivity in Mandrake 9.0 goes
> dead periodically? It's very annoying and it seems to be linked to
> Shorewall firewall system.
>
> Mark

Any chance you're experiencing the ssh "pause"...  I use ssh extensively
and experience pauses ONLY when modem connected (never when LAN connected)
to the server.  It doesn't affect all sessions; I can continue to work on
another session while one or more are stalled...  I rarely connect between
2 modem connected machines; but it's on my list to watch for that possible
scenario...

Pierre