Hi
I have had problems with modules to the USB as well. During this I came
across the following from Mandrake:
Some motherborads may have problems with the APIC (Advanced Programmable
Interrupt Controller) Try to start Linux with the noapic argument or try
to disable apic in your BIOS.
Does it hapen during start. Have you tried to modprobe the modules onece
the Linux is up and running?

--
Lars Ole Christoffersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>