On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 06:01, Dave Sherman wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 07:23, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > On Friday November 22 2002 01:10 am, Michael Holt wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >   I just noticed something interesting the other day and can't seem
<Gratuitous Snipping Action>

> Notice that the MHz is correct. But your model 600 is olde rhtan mine,
> so Tom may be right about your being underclocked.

Did you check the CPU info while on battery?  Some Laptops have tried
the fantastic concept of slowing the CPU to lengthen batter life while
on battery.  Could this be what happened?  My laptop reports speed
correctly (ok 498.85mhz not 500 but close enough) This also fits with
Tom's statement about underclocking.

James