Nailed it... had to re-install rpms for gcc and poof it re-appeared in
working form (yes I could manually find g++ but it wasn't working right
for reasons beyond me.)  So anjunta 1.0.0 built.  Oh and my original
problem was with 0.9.99 ... that one still gives the same error.  I'm
putting it down to a bad build on their part and moving one thanks all
for the help.

James