On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 08:28, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Monday November 25 2002 09:04 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
> > > that I divided into multiple partitions. While I'm runnin 9.1 now,
> > > the system was 9.0 when I installed the 80gig.
> > > --
> > >     Tom Brinkman                  Corpus Christi, Texas
> >
> > Tom,
> >
> > While I think I know the obvious answer to this question, how'd ya
> > get 9.1 on your system already?
>
>  tom$ cat /etc/mandrake-release
> Mandrake Linux release 9.1 (Cooker) for i586
>
>     It's been sayin that for over a month now.  Ya know I wouldn't
> remember till just after I hit the send button, but there's another
> variable in how I added the new HDD and formatted ext3. At the time it
> was a very recent 9.0 install, very few cooker rpms at that point. So I
> saved my /home/tom/, and did an expert-reinstall and used diskdrake to
> setup the new drive during the install.  Still haven't gotten around to
> installing Windoze in the fat32 partition I made ;>  I used ext3 'cause
> I've got d/l RedHat 8.0 CD's, but I haven't gotten around to those
> either ;)

Just a note... If you want to load RedHat with Reiser just partition and
do mkreiserfs under MDK ... then install RH to the drive... it will work
with and use the reiserfs .... it just won't let you create reiserfs.
(It will let you use any desktop of your choice as long as it's blue and
damned if they will tell you how to replace anything.  So much for the
choice Linux is supposed to provide.)

James