Here is another FYI:

I set up CUPS service on a server running LM 9.0. The security level was
"Standard". The CUPS admin on the client-side workstation saw the remote
printer. All was ok. I could print from my workstation (LM 8.1) to the
server-side remote printer via CUPS & my network.

So, I decided to raise the security level of the server using the Mandrake
Control Center (from Standard to Higher). All went ok for raising the
security level! Then I tried printing to the remote server printer.

The job would appear in the client-side CUPS WWW Admin page and then
disappear as if being properly accepted by the remote server-side CUPS
server. However, the server-side CUPS server never showed the print job.
NADA, Zilch, zero!

So, I lowered the server's security to "Standard" from "Higher" and the
ability to remote print via CUPS resumed. I then tried a security level of
"High". CUPS remote printing was ok. I then raised it to "Higher" again. CUPS
remote printing was broken, again.

According to the Mandrake Center, a security level of "Higher" is best for
servers. I found that a very high security level BREAKS CUPS remote (via
network) printing. So, a compromise is in order....

Anyhow, I just wanted to share this item with everyone.