On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:34:38 -0800, you wrote:

>What I do not understand is if etc/modules should say nvidia and not NVdriver
>and the XF86Config-4 Module should say Load "GLX" and it points to the
>libglx.so file why does it appear to work and yet not work when the new rpms
>are installed.  Should I change the XF86CONFIG-4 Module section and the
>etc/module file to nvidia?
>
>Confused.

Re your last sentence, yes. Then do "modprobe nvidia".

I got it working from the following advice:
Load drivers
Vi edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.
In the Module section,
Remark out Load "glx"
Instead, right under the line Load "dbe", add:
  Load  /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
In the Driver section,
Replace driver "nv" (or "NVdriver") with "nvidia"
Save file
Run modprobe nvidia

If you are using an AGP card,
In the Screen section add this line: