Hey Brian,

I had the same problem that you describe below on my FreeBSD V4.7-p2
system. The problem is that one of the X11 driver source files for the
Cirrus GD5446 graphics chip (alp_xaam.c) has a "#define DEBUG" statement
in it that results in the debugging output in the log that you describe.
Rebuild and install XFree86-Server-4.2.1_6 to get the patch that removes
the #define DEBUG statement in the source file
/usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server/work/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfre
e86/drivers/cirrus/alp_xaam.c.

I just verified that this fixed the problem for me.

Best of luck,

Clyde

Hi experts

Just checked free disk space on my server (mdk 9.0) and found /var
getting low on free space.  The culprit was XFree86.0.log which had
expended to 2GB.  It was full of messages like:

moutl(8, C70007)
moutl(14, 123C5F)
moutl(18, D0001)
moutl(10, 12BC5F)
minl(40)
moutl(40, 2)
minl(40)
minl(40)
moutl(C, 8000800)

X is loaded on this machine, but very rarely used - only when I need to
use a GUI when out of my depth.  Anyone know what these messages might
mean or what circumstance might have caused them to be issued?

TIA
Brian