On Wednesday 15 January 2003 19:03, Brent Hasty wrote:
> I have multiple useres on my MDK 9 Terminal Server, running on thin
> clients. I was wondering if there were a way to precash specific apps on
> say a ram disk or other suitable method to improve the launch time of
> common and often used apps like openoffice or staroffice.
>
> What are my options in linux to do somthing like this.

http://ooqstart.sourceforge.net/

 This applet provides a quick launcher for Open Office 641C+ or Star Office
6.0+. It attempts to mimic the functionality provided by the quickstarter tray
 icon on the other operating system supported by Open Office.

The program attempts to keep a background process alive at all times, even
 if that process is terminated by the user. The four main applications:
Writer, Calc, Draw, and Impress can be launched directly from the context
 menu of the applet.

HTH

Damian