Hi,

I'm running a Neverwinter Nights game server on my ML 9.0 box, which runs
up quite a bit of CPU time.  For example, after a day of running, "top"
shows the time column entry for it with over 200 minutes.

I leave the server running, but I've noticed that it has a habbit of just
stopping after a while.  No message in the syslog, no error messages of any
kind in the nwserver logs, no nothing.  It just goes away.

Does the kernel impose some kind of time limit on processes that are
running?  Or some kind of max time on the user that's running it?  I'm
running a web-based application that uses "screen" to manipulate everything
(I click on something in the web interface, and it runs an expect script
that does a "screen -r" to reconnect to the session that's running the
server in a shell, issues a command, end then displays the results in the
web window).  Does "screen" impose some kind of time limit, perhaps?

Any information or ideas on where to look into this would be appreciated.

                --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server