Thx for the quick info. I think I made a mistake in my initial link ... I had
it in another tab (where I started from) in my Mozilla ;) Here is the one I
was supposed to post:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/20030207/dvd_burner-01.html

As it stands now, it is the Sony you mentioned that seems to be "king of the
hill" ... I will look in the newbie archives - next - for the software
component, but I would still appreciate some first hand experience from
members of this list, in the "combined" usage (soft- and hardware).

Thx,
Stef