I'm not entirely sure but this might be the sort or thing a MOSIX cluster would be good for.

Jim C.

et wrote:
On Thursday 27 February 2003 10:53 am, synrat wrote:

I wouldn't spend it all on scsi, just get a few large ide drives and
use them for storage while doing the work on scsi ( maybe raid5 ).
Don't waste money of xeon. If you're going to use applications optimized
for sse2 then get pentium4. If not, then get dual athlon mp.
Get at least 2gb of ram, the faster the better.  I always use athlons,
because they work 3 times faster with floating point, but you may not need
that.