Greg Meyer wrote:
On Tuesday 04 March 2003 11:35 pm, Sevatio wrote:

OS: Mandrake 9.0

I'm not sure if this is possible but I'll see if any of you guys know
how to do this.

I have a cable modem connected to a hub.  Then two linux boxes connected
to that hub.  They each have their own IP addresses.  When I transfer
files from one to the other, the speed is limited by the speed of my
internet connection (which is around 256kbps).

How do I make it so that my linux boxes can transfer files at the
maximum LAN speed of the hub?  Or to rephrase:  how do I route the
packets so that they don't have to go out to the internet and then come
back to the other pc but instead go straight through the hub from one pc
to another?

DO both boxes have public ip addrresses from your isp? One of those SOHO router/switches translating private addresses to public would allow this. Are you sure it is a hub, or is it a swtich?

Yes, public ip addresses on each pc. The hub is just a dumb hub.