Hi,

Even for root, tar options given previously and cpio
work perfectly.
With partimaged, U better make sure your enw root
partition is "exactly" the same size as the old.
Slightly bigger new root, and the extra space will be
wasted.
Slightly smaller new root, and U wont be able to
restore to a smaller partition than what u began with.

_Thanks

Richard Mollel

=====