I am sorry if I won't give you the CD-burning answer, but I can share with you
what I am doing: rar v<size[k,b], where size=size of volume, and I give it
the CD size, and the program splits the archives for me ... doesn't even
really matter where. Then I just burn CDs with each rar file created this
way.

HTH,
Stef