We're running squid-2.4.STABLE7-2mdk on Mandrake Linux release 9.0
(dolphin) for i586. It's been running ok for a few weeks. I noticed this
morning numerous "WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors"
errors in cache.log.

Googling didn't come up with anything definitive. I did find a couple
of ML messages about editing a header file in squid and recompiling but
I hesitate to embark upon that adventure without knowing for sure that
it is really related to my problem.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem or know what that
error refers to?

Thanks.

--
Mike Rambo