I installed vmware for linux in my mandrake 9.1.
I want to use it for eVC for pocketpc programming with my ipaq.

I have a problem:
sometimes the vmware machine when I plug in my ipaq doesn't respond quickly
and the device mounts itshelf in the hardware list of mandrake as scanner
(lol).
After that vmware responds that the device is being used by system and cannot
be locked for win98 virtual machine.
the question is how to prevent this? how can I disable the mounting of ipaq in
linux as scanner, or how do I unmount it simply?

thanks in advance...

Toussis Manolis