Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:
Praedor Atrebates wrote:

At home I am stuck forevermore with a godawful slow dialup
connection.  As a
result, I rarely do a MandrakeUpdate from home - takes way too long with
anything over a several megs of files.  My laptop gets access to a fast
connection at my university so it gets updated often...but such a
waste.  My
laptop is a pathetic old celery 366 stinkpad.
   It would be way nice if I could do a MandrakeUpdate at work/school
with my
laptop and select to save the downloaded rpms so I could go home,
connect up
to my desktop, and upgrade it too.  MandrakeUpdate deletes all the
rpms it
downloads, and good thing else you would begin to seriously consume hdd
space.  What I would like is an option to save the rpm downloaded by
MandrakeUpdate...perhaps to another directory or simply leave them in
their
cache directory until I elect to dump them.  Make MandrakeUpdate default
behavior to delete the downloads but give an option to save them.

How about it?

praedor

I think if you run urpmi with --no-clean it will keep all of the updated
rpms in /var/cache/urpmi/rpms when you do your updates.  You can go home
and transfer them to your un-updated machine, or leave them where they
are, and add them as a source in urpmi.

I meant to say --noclean.  Sorry.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
				-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)