The idea is certainly very nice.
But, in my case, it does not work. I do not know why nor what to do to debug this

Thanks.
/stefano
Bill Mullen wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Stefano Pogliani IMAP wrote:

I wish to make my mails available via Squirrelmail.

I think it will be correct to use HTTPS when using my mail over the
internet.

Agreed, this is a Good Thing To Do. :)

So, I wish to make the "/myMail" alias of my Apache 2 installation ONLY
AVAILABLE via HTTPS.

SquirrelMail can force this all by itself. Run the config script, called "/var/www/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl", and choose option 8, "Plugins".

Look for the "secure_login" plugin, under "Available plugins". Enter the number beside this entry at the prompt; you'll see it jump up into the "Imstalled Plugins" list (and have a new number). Enter "S", to save the new configuration.

Now, whenever you attempt to connect to it with plain HTTP, it will force a redirect to the HTTPS equivalent of the same address. Very handy. ;)