On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 08:50 am, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> I need a utility that will tell me what is going on with the cpu
> temperature.  Haven't been able to locate one.  Any of you guys out
> there got any suggestions?
>

> --LX

you donīt say whether you want a cli or a gui, nor which gui if the latter,
but:

All require lm_sensors, liblm_sensors

then run sensors-detect

make sure the modules.conf is kosher

check /etc/sysconfig for the lm_sensors file (I donīt believe you need to
append the output of sensors-detect to any rc. file, as
/etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors takes care of this

run  sensors, and then maybe tweak the alarms and whatīs reported (YMMV)

For Graphical front-ends:

gkrellm has a sensors module (hint - get texstarīs)
ksensors if youīre using kde

hth
--
 john in sydney
 Mandrake Linux 9.1, Kernel version: 2.4.21-0.18mdk