On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:26, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:19, dfox wrote:
> > followup
> >
> > of course it helps to link /dev/dvd to /dev/scd0
> >

> uh, er, yeah, that was going to be number 4...

All,

   Just talked with David on the phone.  (Hey! found out we are
neighbors!!!!)  What seems to be happening is that when he boots into
cooker (the main version on his box.) It hangs at configuring module
dependencies.  If he tries failsafe it seems to just go into a series of
loops and core dumps.  We are going to try the fix again tomorrow via
the phone ... but.... before then, any thoughts?  Tips on where what to
look for will be helpful.  My problem is ... with 2 CD burners I've
worked with I have had no problems at all getting them to work from
install on.  (since 7.1 if you can believe that.)  So my luck leaves me
short on the trouble shooting end *grin*..

James