Somebody scribbled about [expert] DVD stuff
>OK, so I've got a DVD player in my server and in one of my client
>systems.  I've never used them for more than reading CD roms though.
>Today I got a wild hare and decided to try one.  I tried to use xine + a

I had xine working yesterday :(

Have had some bad experiences with having to reinstall and crashes. I'm
limping along, trying to update, but it seems mplayer is  a fine product,
and you might have good luck to it. BTW I've had a DVD / cd rw for a
couple of days now :).

I just now tried to urpmi xine and got a wierd conflict in that the miror
I was using (time4t.net -- plf) wanted a certain version for a xine
library and the xine library it had was a later version (9.0 plf, that
is).

To me, installing xine is a little confusing, but I've made it work
before. There are a number of supporting libraries you need, but if you
just do 'urpmi xine' it's unclear which.