thanks, but that still doesn't work. Something tells me that I need to do a fresh install of LM9.1 instead of upgrading from LM9.0 to LM9.1. I just can't think of anything else that could be the problem.

JOHAM,DAVID (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:
Here's my .vnc/xstartup file. It launches KDE in the background

#!/bin/sh

# Mandrake Linux VNC session startup script
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc KDE

-----Original Message----- From: Sevatio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 2:07 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [expert] VNC Gray Screen on Mandrake 9.1

How do I get my vncserver on Mandrake 9.1 to display something other than a gray screen with an "x" mouse cursor? I've already done the qt3 updates.