> David - I missed that thread (well, actually I just didn't follow it - I use
> Gcombust without problem here). Anyways, have you tried the diskwriter plugin

I'm going to give gcombust another try. Specifically, did you see my
comment about it making data copies of the mp3s rather than doing the
decoding? I'm pretty sure I selected audio cd and not data cd.

> with XMMS to see if the resulting WAV file is acceptable for you to use?

I installed it, and configured it, but I'm not sure that it's convenient
from an automation standpoint. I'll try and see if I can just select all
the files and run them through en masse with xmms-diskwriter.

Seems like it might actually work. I added the files and selected the
diskwriter and it's a disk writin' :)