Hello all,

Can anyone help me diagnose why my previously working (reiserfs), now formatted with XFS, hard drives will no longer mount?

I did the transition from reiserfs to XFS in diskdrake. It asked, and I allowed it, to write to my fstab file. As far as I can tell it wrote it correctly, but after a shutdown and unplug (to avoid damage in a lightning storm) the drives will no longer mount at boot, nor can I mount them manually. I used them for a few hours, copying 28GBs of data back and forth without any problems before I had to shutdown.

The Pertinent lines in my fstab are:

/dev/hdg1 /drive2 xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/hdh1 /drive3 xfs defaults 1 2

Here are the lines from my previously working configuration (before they were converted to XFS):

/dev/hdg1 /drive2 reiserfs notail 1 2
/dev/hdh1 /drive3 reiserfs notail 1 2

Any suggestions?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
  AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.25mdkduron
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
22:55:00 up  1:35,  1 user,  load average: 0.21, 0.15, 0.08

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)