> Changelog? Are you talking about Cooker/9.2, while Praedor is talking
> about 9.1 final? AFAICT, Texstar hasn't released any RPMs for Cooker.

9.2/cooker - here. I don't have texstar as a source.

> AIUI, both main and contrib are static repositories, whose contents do not

True for 9.1 - updates is a different repository.

As of 5:30am (god i'm up early) pdt 8/29, it's looking for a number of
roms - like libkdebase4-3.1.3-38mdk -- but AFAICT the mirror is
expecting a slightly different version of that RPM and as such cannot
install. urpmi prints out a number of ftp URLs with these RPMs but does
not download them and does not install them, and prints out a "you may
want to update your rpm database"

This happens from time to time, and it should sooner or later rectify
itself. As of 5:30 all I was able to update was plf. FWIW I use
ftp.surfnet.nl as my mirror.

If it doesn't get fixed, tnen you reset urpmi sources and start over
afresh. I've had to do that a number of times.