On Monday 01 September 2003 01:18 pm, Mark wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've forgotten how to do something that I used to know how to do. That is,
> using cat to combine a list of files into one single file.

Mark, you can do "cat *.(file_extension) > yourfile.ext" but I don't think it
combines some files correctly. Text works fine, AVIs and MPGs work fine if
the header info is there, but when I tried some pdf files just now, it would
show the size of the pdf files combined, but it would not let me see
everything that was in those 3 files.

You might want to do a "man cat" and see if there is some helpful info there.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord