On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Patricia Fraser wrote:

> Argh! It might be the cable. I was hoping for software; there's this
> Intimidating Sticker on the case saying Do Not Remove. Goshdarnit.

That's why they put it there - they don't want you to learn that the cheap
SOBs left out the CD audio cable when they built the box. :)

You might want to get your hands on the xmms-cdread plugin, which will
read the CD digitally (like Wincrap OSes do); that will at least allow you
to play audio CDs, even if the cable mystery is to be left unsolved.

I'm not sure offhand if it's available precompiled for 8.2, but if it is,
then once you've set up the "plf", "contrib", and update sources for urpmi
properly, "urpmi xmms-cdread" should pull it in. Use the page at:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon

HTH!

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"An opinion is like a branding iron. It is one thing to hold it, and