On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, H. Carter Harris wrote:

> I am running TightVNC under a new install of Mandrake 9.1 with 256MB
> ram.  I boot Mandrake at runlevel 3.

[snip]

> Even more troubling is trying to use it.  Under Ice I get the start
> button but Mandrake Control Center won't come up.  Under KDE, I get the
> wallpaper and the clipboard and calendar icons and nothing else.  It
> appears hung at that point.

Update libqt3 to the version out on the updates mirrrors, it fixes a bug
that affects KDE 3.1 running over VNC. Use this page to set up sources:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first