On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:41 pm, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:
> Hello
>
> On searching the web I came across afpfs that allows me to mount hfs
> volumes. Unfortunately afpfs is too old and cannot be compiled at 9.2rc1.
> Does someone out there has a solution on how to mount hfs volumes remotely?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Eduardo

Eduardo, if you search in the ´Mandrake 9.x´ and ´Mandrake other´ areas on
pbone:

http://rpm.pbone.net/

there will be a couple of 2.4.22 kernels in contrib and cooker which have the
hfsplus module built in. Thereafter, you should be able to specify a
filesystem type in a regular mount command.

Alternately, there are packages/source at ftp.penguinppc.org/users/hasi,
called hfsplusutils, which support read-only access, and looks pretty
promising (that said, I´d be reading the doco to check before entrusting
critical data ....)
--
 john in sydney
 Mandrake Linux 9.1, Kernel version: 2.4.21-0.25mdk