Jack Coates said:
> Jumpstart uses a network boot protocol to get an IP and basic
> system
> image, then either run as a diskless workstation or install system
> packages from an NFS server. It's good stuff. LTSP is the right
> direction, and I seem to recall that some cluster projects have
> some way
> to do something similar.

You could do the same thing with NFS and linux.  It's been awhile
since I've done it with cooker, but I believe you just image the
'network.img' image from the 'images' directory on the install cd
onto a floppy and then boot the machine in question, pointing it
to your NFS, FTP or whatever else kind of server you setup.  I may
not have all the details correct, but it's pretty basic and I bet
the instructions are even still on the cooker page.

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_