Jack Coates said:

> yeah, that kinda bugs me too :-) I found a really badly done XP
> theme
> trying to look like Keramik, but it was unusable. The interesting
> thing
> about this Aqua theme is that it really does make the XP box feel
> better, faster, more usable... with one exception. I've been
> working on
> some complex Javascript lately and debugging it with IE (Mozilla
> will
> quietly ignore Javascript syntax bugs, IE will tell you the line
> number). Well, ever since turning on the XP theme, IE takes like
> six
> seconds to chew through auto-filling six dynamic dropdown menus.
> Mozilla
> of course has no problem, and IE had no problem before the theme.
> Anyway, way outta topic now.
> --
> Jack Coates
> Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...

Yeah, I go back and forth on themes.  I look at some of the stuff
on xp or even kde / gnome sometimes and think ¨wow, that really
looks cool!¨  Then after about a week of dealing with the slow
logging in, etc.  I end up back with blackbox / fluxbox.  It´s so
much nicer just being able to get where you´re going in a decent
amount of time.  Fonts are really my only gripe on any of them - I
like those new smooth, pretty ones.

--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                      (o_