Hi
Replying to Anne

I had user missing from that line , so I added it and rebooted.
Exactly the same happens, even tried killing nautilus.

So I changed the fstab entry to ext3

mtools works so does win4lin :)

If I manually mount the floppy drive Nautilus can see the contents but
mtools and win4 lin cant until I unmount it.
So next read the Nautilus help file,
so  right mouse click on the desktop and select  disks> floppy
and nautilus cant mount it.

So it seems that nautilus dos'nt release the mount for other apps to use
when supermount is used for the floppy.
ps ax shows that for each floppy or cdrom icon on the desktop nautilus
has an active process.

Any more thought s please

Richard

--