Dear All,

 As I've had a problem in X start-up( it was too slow
), I've taken a look in /etc/hosts file. I have a NAT,
DHCP server act as a gateway to the outside and it has
not problem. but one of my stations in my private LAN
had prob. I've added the localhost.local-domain
localhost names to /etc/hosts file and reboot the PC.
The problem was solved!   It's ok that the reason of
prob was some network misconfiguration. So, thanks for
your help.

--- Charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 03:44 pm, many eyes noted that
> Kaveh Gh wrote:
> > I've installed mdk-9.0 on a 40Gb western-digital
> > (WDC-4000C) HDD several times and never seen any
> > problem with installation and boot-up of system or
> KDE
> > start-up.
>
> <snip>
>
> No problem with the hard drive? hdparm -tT /dev/hda
> might tell you something?
>
> Charlie.
>
> --
> When crows find a dying snake,
> They behave as if they were eagles.
> When I see myself as a victim,
> I am hurt by trifling failures.
>
> Shantideva
>
> This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake
> 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
> OpenOffice.org1Beta
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?