> Well, Eric,
>
> Thanks for the tip, XFCE4 installs just fine under Cooker 9.2, but
> it will not run.  I installed everything, Xtart cannot see it, it
> does not show up as a WM in any other WM menu.  I tried from a
> terminal within blackbox, I'm at a loss.  No error messages,
> nothing, just "command not found" even though slocate shows me
> where it is.....

Strange. I actually don't use it much, but i just type startxfce4 at
the cli when booted at init 3.

I'm also using the last version of xfce4 (not the most recent ones).

If you want to try it more, the first step may be to boot init 3 and
startxfce4  (or just type start then TAB in case it is different
now).

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org