On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 10:09, rikona wrote:
> Hello JM5379,
>
> Friday, October 10, 2003, 9:34:05 AM, you wrote:
>
> Jsn> this would allow even the newbie-est to find and install whatever
> Jsn> flavor tickles their tastebuds with a minimum of effort or
> Jsn> understnding on their part.
>
> Also include the suggestion that they set their new, non-M$ browser to
> ID as IE, otherwise MANY pages will not work well, or at all. If you
> don't do this, they will think you sent them off in a rather
> ridiculous, non-useful direction, return to IE, and will be biased
> AGAINST non-M$ software. Be careful, it may backfire.

Honestly, maybe I don't hang out in the right places or something, but
my wife and I do almost everything online using Mozilla and Galeon and
hardly ever run into this problem. It's been at least a year since the
last time I had to show her how to spoof a browser ID with Konqueror. I
had an intranet site that I had to use Codeweavers/IE for because it
required SMB AUTH, but that's one site which was never intended for
public consumption.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...