Joeb wrote:

D. R. Evans wrote:

If you aren't in X, then you should already have a command line, either log in as root or if you are already logged in, type su and enter the root password. From there, you can type mcc.

Joeb

ignore this post. I thought you ment that X wasn't running at all. You could just do the ctrl-alt-F1 and su and enter the root password and type: update-menus -v

Joeb