1)  I have kopete installed, and I did not remember to do anything
about msn before I went away.  Everything was fine when I left, but
now it tries to connect to msn on opening, fails, and segfaults.  Is
there any way that I can get in to the configuration file to stop
instant connections?  I have looked for it, but can't see the file.

2)  What exactly is the purpose of Jabber?  I installed it so that I
could run kopete, but have two issues with it -

a)  I get failed messages on shutdown that relate to jabber, and they
go by so fast that I can't read them.  I know where to find messages
that come up during bootup, but I'm not so sure about shutdown
messages.

b)  From top it seems that it takes up a relatively big slice of cpu
and mem, even when kopete is not loaded:
 1759 daemon    10   0 10080 9.8m  848 S  0.7  1.9   4:31.08 jabberd
so what is it doing?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302