On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
rode vriendje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just thought I post this here, because I can't think
> of a better place. I hope that's OK.

The BugTracker would be the best place:
http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/

> I have had problems with my Dell Latitude C640 laptop
> and Mandrake 9.2, kernel 2.4.22 (the default kernel).
> When the powercord is plugged/unplugged the whole
> machine freezes (forced powerdown + reboot is then the
> only thing that works).
>
> Turns out to be the Intel Speedstep. When I disable
> this in my Bios the problem goes away. The problem was
> not there with mdk 9.1, and 9.2RC1 (did not try RC2).

I *think* I saw this in the bugs list about two weeks back, but I do not
keep most messages.  You can look real quickly in the BugTracker url above
and probably find it.  You don't have to register to browse it, just to
post.

Tim

--
I often read this forum on my PDA, please use plain text!
 _