On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 13:06, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> I finally built up a server box that can support X windows, and I have
> installed Gnome as the interface.
>
> In order to configure the server, I would like to run X across my LAN so that
> graphical tools were available.
>
> What is a good way to do this? Can I run X across SSH? Is there a good VPN
> client that I can use?
>
> Rob

In answer to your questions.

Yes on SSH ... just check your config files in /etc/ssh  and make sure
forward X11 is set to yes. (should be by default.)  To verify ssh to the
box and type xclock.  If the clock pops up your working.  (note this
won't work coming from a winders box.)

As for VPN.  You don't need one on a LAN, since your are already on the
LAN.  the rpms for tightvnc are in the distro just run server on one
box.  client on the other and go.  It's really that easy.

James