On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:48:46 -0800 (PST)
"Michael Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had "acpi=ht"; I removed that line altogether and added "noapic"
> for kicks.
>
> By the way, which is it?  ACPI or APCI?  Or are they two different
> things?

APIC:   Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller
ACPI:   Advance Configuration & Power Interface

The great thing is, you can type just about any mispelling of them
into google, and get hits, because someone else mispelled it, too!
(i made a similar post here, myself, awhile back... :)

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org