On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:38, Jack Coates wrote:

> Try watching a mail session with ethereal sometime... it's just telnet
> to port 25, though a server is faster and has fewer typos than a human.
> You can send mails though, -- I posted an example of how to do it
> earlier today, with the Dead Kennedies quote, but I think it's still
> floating around in Sympa.

Ok, I'll check it out :)  I'm curious though, I'm still unable to get
through to that address via evolution, but squirrelmail goes through
just fine.  Telnet to that address gets access denied.  I tried
telnetting to my own server port 25 and it didn't get denied - so -
yeah, I believe you.  I'm still confused about why I can't email through
postfix to that specific email address.  I tried it from my wife's
laptop using win2k and outlook to my test account and the headers looked
almost identical to those of evolution.  It obviously works because I'm
writing to you right now using evolution.  Something in their server is
rejecting me based on something that is happening differently on
evolution -- what the heck would it be?  The only thing that I can see
that would be different would be the "received" lines in the headers.

Any thoughts?
--
Michael Holt
Snohomish, WA                       (o_