To move a partition is a piece of cake. :-P

In your fstab you will see something like this (I use reiserfs everywhere):

#for your /
/dev/hda1 / reiserfs notail 1 1 #hda1 is my root - see what's yours

#for your /usr
/dev/hdc1 /usr reiserfs notail 1 2

So what you have to do is:

1. become root

2. go to single-user mode:
# init 1

3. unmount /usr partition:
# umount /usr
and check if /usr directury is now empty
# ls /usr

4. mount /dev/hdc1 to temporary location:
# mkdir /mnt/usr
# mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/usr

5. now your /usr directory points to / partition instead of /dev/hdc1 - so
copy (recursively) all data from /mnt/tmp to /usr directory:
# cp -R /mnt/usr /

6. now you have all /usr partition on your / partition - exactly what you
needed. go to /mnt/usr and check if it is ok. now unmount /mnt/usr:
# umount /mnt/usr

7. go to runlevel 3 and checkout if you have what you wanted
# init 3

8. remove the line from fstab that mounts /dev/hdc1 to /usr - you don't need
it anymore.

That's all. Good luck!

Artemio.