OK, my #1 problem with running Linux is dealing with upgrades.

With the upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1, the Mandrake upgrade worked pretty well,
seeming to upgrade the stuff that needed, leaving alone the stuff that
didn't.

Now, 9.1 to 9.2 club, that was a fiasco. I finally moved my /home to a new
partition, and blasted out /boot and /, installing in clean partitions. But
what was left over was uploading all the little programs I like, say
bidwatcher, KSetiSpy, Audacity, and the like, and nuking all the stuff I
don't: devfs and supermount to name two. Then configuring a new hosts file,
and setting up fstab to mount all the drives like I want them.

So the big question is how do you upgrade? Or maybe you don't. Or maybe you
use urpmi to pull off an upgrade that does not interfere. I wanna know, cause
I love linux, but I don't want to be a slave to my computer.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.