Hi there,

I’m trying to use FaceGen sdk to generate faces of different ages, genders
and races. While varying ages and genders using 'fg3 control' command works
fine for me, I’m unable to control race via 'fg3 control race’ command. All
the resulting faces are about the average race.

Here's part of my codes:

# Generate a random face
fg3 -s create random any any $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg

# set Age
fg3 controls $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg age shape 30
fg3 controls $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg age color 30

# set Race
fg3 controls $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg race african european -1

# set Gender
fg3 controls $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg gender shape 0
fg3 controls $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg gender color 0

# Construct head and eye meshes and texture images
fg3 construct $FGPATH/data/fg3/sdk/csamDefault31/skin_hi
$OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg $OUTPUTDIR/faceSkin
fg3 construct $FGPATH/data/fg3/sdk/csamDefault31/eyeL_hi
$OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg $OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeL
fg3 construct $FGPATH/data/fg3/sdk/csamDefault31/eyeR_hi
$OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME.fg $OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeR

fg3 render $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME $OUTPUTDIR/faceSkin.tri
$OUTPUTDIR/faceSkin.bmp $OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeL.tri $OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeL.bmp
$OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeR.tri $OUTPUTDIR/faceEyeR.bmp

fg3 render $OUTPUTDIR/$FILENAME

I’m expecting it to generate a 30-year-old neural-gender african face, but
I ended up getting the attached face. Any hint on what could be happening
here?

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sO0raQgnPZk/WZ5XwR06BjI/AAAAAAAAADU/f_xa06vNsEk5tH9FNLRsxA8qnMNLBxHQACLcBGAs/s1600/african.png>

Thanks!
Mingyu