Dear Vlad, thank you for your note !

We don't officially support FaceGen on Mac but I'll try to help.

FG Artist is only designed to work with the Windows version of Daz Studio.
FG Artist reads the Windows registry to find out where Daz Studio is
keeping the user's content directory.
If it can't find the appropriate registry entries, you get the "does not
appear to be installed" message.
>From your description, it sounds like each bottle in Crossover keeps its
own registry, so you would have to have both programs installed in the same
bottle for things to work automatically.
Alternatively, you could manually copy the registry values from the Daz
bottle to the FG Artist bottle, however this would require that both
bottles use the same physical directories for account storage, so that Daz
can access the files output by FG Artist.

As you suspect, it's unlikely you could get FG Artist to work with the
MacOS version of Daz Studio.

Best wishes,